Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Judges Announced

They just announced the judges for the 2011 Road to the Horse Legends in Murfreesboro, Tennessee February 25-27. I have two friends going. I am so jealous. I am ordering the webcast and watching from home:-(.

Bill Enk
• Director of Judges for the National Reined Cow Horse Association, judging credentials with the National Cutting Horse Association, the National Reining Association, and the American Quarter Horse Association

Cody Lambert
• Long family history with AQHA racehorses, Vice President of the PBR Board of Directors, PBR co-founder and a three time PBR World Finals qualifier, nine NFR qualifications, recipient of the PBR Ring of Honor award, event judge

Marian Buehler
• Board of Directors for the Texas Horse Park in Dallas, over 30 years experience studying natural training techniques and methods among several species, transitioned natural horsemanship techniques into the performance arena

Jack Brainard
• Director on the Board of the Equine Program at Texas A&M University Commerce, original director of the NRHA, a founder of the Stock Horse of Texas (SHOT), active judge and member of the AQHA

Dr. Robert Miller
• Equine veterinarian, world-renowned speaker and author on horse behavior and natural horsemanship, father of the revolutionary foal training technique known as "imprint training"

Bob Moorhouse
• General Manager of Pitchfork Land and Cattle Co. 1986 - 2007, leadership or advisory positions with the Texas and Southwestern Cattle Raisers Association, the AQHA, the Southwestern Exposition and Livestock Show, the Working Ranch Cowboys Association and the Ranch Horse of America Association.

"Road to the Horse judges are selected from every facet of the equine industry. While some have experience with ranch, rodeo and performance horses, others have experience with dressage, show jumping and western pleasure. Combined they create the ultimate judging panel to determine who will win the title, prestige and honor of being named the 2011 Road to the Horse Legends Champion!"

3 comments:

Marsha Hubler said...

Hi, Equine Mine,
You have a very nice blog. I love horses. I was born with a silver spur in my mouth. I had horses for 20 years, but my back went bad. I haven't had any for over 10 years and I miss them so much.
However, I write horse books for kids, so I ride vicariously in my stories.
Maddy is gorgeous. I hope she's okay.
Marsha Hubler
Best selling author of
the Keystone Stables Books
www.horsefactsbymarshahubler.wordpress.com

Rising Rainbow said...

Looks like a great panel. I thought the Road to the Horse was a little later than this each year. Guess I was wrong. It will be interesting to watch, I'm sure.

Grey Horse Matters said...

I don't really know much about the judges but I'm sure it will be a great show. It's good you can get to watch even if you can't be there. Hope Maddy is doing well.