Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Riding with Mom

I have been off the grid more often than not this summer, so my blogging has been pretty sporadic. This just means more riding and more travels, so it is a good thing. My latest fun has been with my mom. After spending some time together in the San Juan Islands watching Orcas, she came down to Portland. We went to the barn on Sunday and she hit the trails with me. The last time we rode together was about 5 years ago, so to get on the trail with her is pretty special. I forgot my camera, so I got a quick pic of her with Ms. Freebie after we got back. I love catching people after a good ride...the smiles are always so big. Horses just bring us such joy, you can't help but exude happiness.

8 comments:

Carol said...

Sounds so nice. Both riding and watching orcas. Wish I could ride with my Mom, but she's 86!

Anonymous said...

Really nice! My mom never rode - she was afraid of horses.

Lori Skoog said...

Being the Mom, I love riding with our daughters and grandchildren. It is very special and does not happen enough.

Jean said...

She does look happy. Amazing what a good horse can do to brighten the day.

Rising Rainbow said...

Sounds like you've been making great use of your time away from blogging. That's a good thing and your mom's smile is huge!

allhorsestuff said...

NEAT-O-Jules!!!
The best reason to be absent!

I almost thought it was you...her eyes and smile are yours- totally!

My momma started the riding in my sissy and I. I ride the grandfilly of her mare Verda's Star.
Moms...they lend to us our dreams and loves~
Kac

Parelli Central said...

Love the smile on your mom's face!

Petra Christensen
Parelli 2Star Junior Trainee Instructor
Parelli Central

Trailer said...

I've recently discovered your blog here, and wish I would have stumbled upon it much sooner! It's now and my

list, and I'll be back to read more very soon.