Monday, August 11, 2008

Today I had the pleasure of meeting Jewell from 20 Meter Circle of Life. Kaci from All Horse Stuff, invited her to Templeton to do a little trail riding this morning. Abu her athletic Arabian took a personal day today, so Jewell rode "Pantz" the lovely Appaloosa mare. This is the first blogger buddy I have met in person. We had a great ride and fun to dish about our other horse friends out in the blog world. Thanks for coming out Jewell...hope we see much more of you. Maddy did pretty well today, wasn't as soft as I would like, but we will keep working on that. She has dropped some weight and for the past two weeks I have been working on her nutrition. I am having her brought in at night so she is not competing for hay, adding Moorglo, and adding some oats to her beet pulp. Still not seeing much of a difference, but really want to put about 200 pounds on her. I want a nice fat quarter horse.

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm totally jealous. (But glad you had a good time). : )

Julie

Jessica said...

Damn, I wish I was a quarter horse!!!

And hey! You've met me in person! Don't forget me!

Anonymous said...

Be sure to let us know how it is going with her weight gain... and separating her to eat will help her avoid being a nervous eater. I have to do that with one of my horses. Love your posts! And i would love to ride those trails with you!

Grey Horse Matters said...

Glad you had a great ride. Your horse is really cute, I'm sure she'll gain weight in no time at all, it's probably a good thing to keep her in at night.

Flying Lily said...

Jealous jealous jealous Oh yes...I'm glad you had a nice ride out!

Anonymous said...

That is so cool that you guys were able to connect up for a ride.

Original L said...

Sounds fun!

And speaking from experience, don't go overboard with adding weight. Andolu had only a little extra padding and it triggered his latent laminits. He already had it chronically, but still. If you can see a couple ribs on her, that's good. Horses can be frustrating about condition, though - let them get too thin and they can suddenly get REALLY thin, but you can't get them too fat, either. Argh!

allhorsestuff said...

Hay...loved the ride too!! Shoot me over those vidoes..or put them on a You Tube to add to your blog...if they are too long..I loved that part of the trail jules!
Can't wait for camping tomorrow..am resting from packing right now...too blame hot

Anonymous said...

Love the trail!