Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Video and more video

I have been getting lots of emails from people interested in my documentary "Inside the Backside" which is about the community of people living on the backside of Portland Meadows. I think after Eight Belles death, people are googling and seeking information about horse racing and they stumble onto my trailer. I spent most of my weekend mornings in Fall of 2007 and Spring of 2008 getting to know the folks at Portland Meadows. I think the people I worked with have interesting stories to tell, so I look forward to getting down to editing. I have been busy "ingesting" all my video and as of today, it is ALL in there. Yeah!! That is the hard part, the tedious part because everything goes in to the computer in real time, so it takes forever. Now I can get busy logging and working on a script. My goal is to have it done by September. Dream big right? I have a bunch of Breyer horses lined up on the wall behind me cheering me on.

6 comments:

Rising Rainbow said...

It's been years since I was at Portland Meadows. I'll bet some of the cast of characters are still the same.

Good luck with your project.

Nuzzling Muzzles said...

Very well done trailer. It has peaked my interest.

Anonymous said...

Good luck with the editing stage. Love the Breyer cheer squad.

Molly said...

Very exciting. You'll make that personal September deadline.
That is an impressive collection of Breyers.

Callie said...

Oooh, You've got some good Breyers, there!

benglish said...

If anyone can make slot - it's you! And shoot someone's else's live shot to boot!

You rock.