Sunday, October 7, 2007

Maddy and her Hay Net


This is just a clip of Maddy in her stall eating with her new hay net. Not just any hay net, one with small square so it is harder for her to eat. It is funny to watch her face, because you can just see the frustration. The purpose is to keep her busy and happy and she is happiest when she has food in front of her. She knew I was up to something when I took out my little digital camera. She kept looking at me as if to say "What! Can't a girl eat in peace!" Almost two months have passed since her x-rays revealed her fracture. I have been busy with Queenie posted here as well. Queenie is such a joy to be with. I have said before, if I could afford her, she would be mine. I feel lucky to be aiding in her training. I ride her Sundays, Mondays, and Fridays. She is very green so we are working on riding the rail, walk trot transitions, and just started some serpentines which she really enjoys. She is just a sweet mare and so comfortable to ride. She is the complete opposite of Maddy, so I am learning alot about training a left brain introvert. Maddy is a right brain extrovert. If you are curious to know your horses ""horsenality," click here. The Parellis came up with a chart that helps identify your horses profile which is vital to know when making training choices.

12 comments:

Wayne Jones said...

Thanks for putting comments on my Blog, i've been looking at your blog & clicking on the links onto other horse blogs, thank you for saving me weeks tracking them all down, thanks again... Wayne

Wayne Jones said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
EquineSpirit said...

LOVE the horsenality chart though I'm not entirely sure whether D is left brained or right...LOL! I know he's an introvert. I got that much but he has much of both right and left brain characteristics. The chart was very interesting. Thanks for sharing!

Rising Rainbow said...

Loved the clip of Maddy. I'm sure she's not thrilled with having to slow down her eating but it's probably much better for her metabolism that way.

I will have to check out the chart. I'm glad that you're getting to do some riding while Maddy is healing.

Kathy C said...

I love the new hay bag. My piggers eat all their hay in 15 minutes at the horse shows and half of it ends up on he ground. Post a link if you have one!

photogchic said...

Kathy, I bought the hay net through Dover Saddlery. I think it was $11 or $12. What a great idea and it really slows her down.

The horsenality chart is really cool. If you guys go to that page, I think there is a download you can do where you check boxes on the chart and learn what your horse is. Really a helpful tool.

Love your blog Wayne---great photos and beautiful horses. If you guys haven't been to the Livery Yard...check it out!

Wayne Jones said...

Thank you so much for your kind comments, other picture blogs of mine :

http://waynehorsepictures.blogspot.com/

http://hampshirepicture.blogspot.com/

I will check in again soon...

Wayne

Wayne Jones said...

What i was going to say about hay nets, if you want your hay to last longer, because like my horse just eats his hay net in 15-25 minutes tops, put another hay net inside so you have two hay nets making the holes even smaller...so they eat slower. Gives them something to think about..

Anonymous said...

Interesting horsenality chart. I've come to the conclusion that Royal has multi-personalities.

Oh well, he works perfect for me.

Anonymous said...

Now ... how clever was THAT?! Put the url as my "name". Sorry 'bout that.

Anonymous said...

thanks for posting

mike said...

love it thanks