Tuesday, September 11, 2007

Barn Party

Maddy is so depressed about her coffin bone fracture, she has taken to drinking as you can see by these photos:-) No really, the barn threw a little party on Saturday night. They had plenty to drink and a big spread. Even a pretty decent band. Lots of people set up tents and just spent the weekend there. It was a lot of fun. The whole thing was set up in the arena. All the horses were outside except for Maddy, so she got to rock out in her stall and get all the attention from the party goers. I take her out into the grooming area every Monday to remove her plate and just check her foot. I don't do it in her stall for fear of loosing bolts in the shavings. She is doing pretty good. I have been working a lot with her ears. When I first got her, she was pretty crazy when it came to touching her ears. She is finally letting me scratch inside them. I play with them for about 10 minutes every time I am out there.
Been doing some other stuff, it sounds weird, but playing with her tongue and mouth. Like pulling it out to the side in case a vet ever has to do that. Just trying to keep things interesting. I am working on trying to secure a paint brush in a thick plastic, non-breakable tube, so we can start painting. I think if I fill the hollow with applesauce, she will move it more. I am getting closer to figuring out what will give us the best results.

5 comments:

EquineSpirit said...

Sounds like things are going well and you're doing a great job coming up with ideas on things to work with her!! Way to go!!

Jessica said...

Of all the things you're teaching Maddy you should teach her to appreciate better beer! Come on girl, Bud Light is crap! :)

Molly said...

I love that Maddie's work will be in a museum someday. And I know it will. Did you ever see the book Why Cats Paint ( http://www.monpa.com/monpa/shop/wcp.html )

Rising Rainbow said...

Ok, when this painting thing starts are you doing to post video? I'm not sure that just plain old snapsshots will do. lol

The barn party sounds like a blast. What a great idea! The choice of beer wouldn't matter at all to me because I don't drink beer. With my double vision, alcohol interfers with my ability to compensate. But that doens't mean I wouldn't appreciate a good party with horsey people.

Deanna said...

LOL! Sounds like it was a great party.