Thursday, February 8, 2007

The Mane Event

I am so excited for this weekend! The Mane Event is happening just north of us in Vancouver, Washington. I am thinking back to where I was last year at this time. I was leasing two different horses and dreaming of having my own. I was riding a quarter horse mare named "Honey" who I just adored. There was not a dressage trainer out at Whipple Creek Riding Center, so I started looking for a place to take dressage and I found AJ the Arabian and Michelle Merkin (my trainer) out in Estacada. I went to The Mane Event last year as a vendor with Stable Hand Video. I remember shopping around and looking at tack and feeling kind of empty about not having a horse to buy things for. As much as I loved and appreciated the two horses I rode, I was really ready to make the leap and have my own. This year I am headed back not as a vendor, but an owner. This past year has been an amazing journey. I am so excited to watch the demos and check out the booths. I want to be a "sponge" and absorb as much as I can.

No comments: