Monday, May 21, 2007

Canterbury Park


My dad trains and races quarter horses in the Midwest. For the most part, he hits Canterbury Park in Minnesota, Prairie Meadows in Iowa, the Woodlands in Kansas and various tracks in Oklahoma. He has his first race of the season this Friday. For as much as we have had our differences, I am still proud of him and rooting him to do well. Looks like he is running a 3 year old gelding named "Holiday Heart," ridden by Keith Davis in the one hole going off at 7/2. Throughout his season, I will chart how he does and post pictures and comments about the racing industry, because there is just so much to talk about! I will be travelling back to Minnesota in two weeks, and I plan to spend plenty of time on the back stretch of Canterbury Park.

3 comments:

Beth said...

I have always been so enthralled with horse racing and would LOVE to get a behind the scenes tour of the back stretch...not just as a tourist.

I train hunter/jumpers in Wisconsin...though now I just mainly do it for friends. I used to ride and train on the grand prix level when I was a youngster...but a serious injury ended my career in my early 20's.

I love you girl...she is gorgeous!

My blog is currently private, but if you want in, email me at eamadunic@yahoo.com

Rising Rainbow said...

Wow, you're dad's in racing that's cool. Parent and child issues are always hanging around there somewhere. It's a fact of life. Guess by the time they get all worked out, well, it takes a long time. Glad you can still be proud of him, I"m sure he is of you.

Anonymous said...

A well written article there. I have just recently started reading blogs on blogger on one of my favourite topics.

My first introduction to Horse Racing was when I went to the races with some friends from work. After that I was introduced to online horse racing betting. After this I've never looked back.