Tuesday, January 9, 2007

I've been tagged!

I guess there is a chain going around and if you are tagged, you have to post 5 things most people don't know about you. Thanks Jerri! Since I am trying to keep my blog horse oriented, I will try to come up with five "horsey" things.

1. My first horse was "Rocket Tink." My dad claimed him for $500 off the track and ran him for two more years. He was twelve years old when he retired from racing and he could still beat the two year olds. He had the heart of a champion and loved to run.

2. My first riding experience was when I was a toddler. My dad plopped me down on a pony named "Pogie." She took off and ran all around the yard and I didn't fall off. My dad was pretty impressed.

3. I have never been thrown from a horse. I have been dumped off all of my ponies MILLIONS of times.

4. As a teenager, when I was grounded "Tink" got padlocked in his stall and I couldn't go riding. Talk about punishment!

5. I lived in England at one point and stayed at Alnwick Castle right above the Dukes Stable. Lord James loved to fox hunt and early mornings I would wake to the sound of hooves on cobblestones. I loved that.

No comments: