Tuesday, January 9, 2007

Good Girl


Maddy was on a roll today! We got a lot accomplished, so I went back to some of the basics and polished them up. This photo is a shot of her yielding her hindquarters on the stop during the circle game. When I want her stop, I step forward and slide my hand down the rope. She is so great at giving me two eyes...and those ears are always in motion. The circling game is going much better this week. No fussing, no rearing! It is the first time I have seen the trot I want to experience when I ride her. I have her backing to the end of her 12 foot line with the wave of my finger. Lots of exhaling and licking her lips...for those that don't know much about horses...this is a great thing. It means they are relaxed. I feel pretty good today about my girl.

No comments: