Tuesday, February 5, 2008

Tony Hawk???

You ask, "What does Tony Hawk (skateboard extrodinare!) have to do with horses?" Well, he came up with a cool, cheap video camera that mounts on your helmet. He imagined lots of little skateboarders filming their ramp adventures, but I have a better idea. Lets use the Tony Hawk helmet camera to document some cool trail rides, maybe some jumps around the arena, or how about a lunging session with your horse. It just arrived in the mail today. It was a mere $29.95 comes with editing software, a 32MB card, built in microphone, and best of all a laser to line up your shots. I haven't tested it yet, but tomorrow I am going to take it to the barn and see how it performs. I know you are all on the edge of your seats awaiting this review:-)

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

Heck with the review, post the video on a Youtube and put it on your site so we can see it for ourselves! :-) Sounds like it would be very cool, but I think I might get sick watching a video of a jump course ...

Callie said...

Ooooh! I can't wait to see the results! It does sound pretty cool!

Anonymous said...

Hello, lurker from Istanbul here (but really from Eugene).

I think YOU should set up a separate blog and encourage people to upload their helmet films to YouTube and you could just make a collection of them. That would be great.

Anonymous said...

Ha ha, you're geeky like me! That looks way cool! I may have to try mountain biking with it!

Misha said...

That looks amazing! I can't wait to see a video of the trail rides! And I loved that super bowl commercial!

EquineSpirit said...

Definitely let us know how it works! I've been thinking about getting one of those for a couple months now!

And by the way...TAG - you're it! :)

20 meter circle of life said...

Too funny I just saw a PBS special about a guy who used something like that to hunt for BIG FOOT in the Washington Wilderness. I dont know if he actually found big foot, but his horses looked like the enjoyed the trail ride. From now on you can go Big Foot hunting rather than just a hack around the country side

Jessica said...

I just want to see a picture of you with it on!!!!

Anonymous said...

I can't wait to see the footage...I hope it works.

Rising Rainbow said...

I'm with jackie about possibly getting sick watching a video of a jump course. LOL

But this does sound like it could be fun.

Anonymous said...

What an intriguing idea! This would be fun in a dressage class, if it were allowed, just to see how close we come to those letters!