Thursday, November 15, 2007

Film Project

I thought I would share with my blogger friends what I have been up to on Saturday mornings. I can't keep it a secret any longer! I was contacted by an equine still photographer named Richard Larson who was interested in making a documentary about life on the backstretch of Portland Meadows racetrack. I was thrilled to have someone interested in partnering with me on a project I have wanted to do for a long time. Richard has been going to the backstretch for a couple years, taking photos and then selling them to the track folk. He is a fixture on the backstretch himself, as he wanders from barn to barn, talking horses and showing off his beautiful prints. I look forward to waking up early on Saturdays and meeting up to watch the days events. One morning, the track was fogged in and you could hear the horses breathing but couldn't see them until they were right in front of us as they ran by. Last week I met a couple, Ann and Danny who train together. This is a photo of Danny that Richard took. He grew up in Eastern Oregon and started exercising horses as a teenager. He met Ann on the track and together they have spent the last 35 years together training and running horses. I look forward to sharing short video clips and photos from the backstretch with you. I hope through this film project, I can convey the stories of the people I have met along the way.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Interesting post. I like Richard's photos too.


oldmanlincoln.com

Wayne Jones said...

What a great idea, look forward to seeing & reading more...Wayne

Ps my other picture blog :

http://equineview.blogspot.com/

Katie said...

wow that sounds cool as! I can't wait to see the pictures and clips!

Anonymous said...

How exciting. Look forward to all the details !

Jessica said...

I'm sure you'll produce something amazing with this venture. Each thing like this you do, you're one step closer to leaving news and following your dream.

Anonymous said...

Sounds like a dream job. Can't wait to hear more about it.

You'll do great!

Anonymous said...

I just came across your blog, I'm a fellow horse crazy woman. Sounds like an exciting project!

Original L said...

Cool project - looking forwardt o seeing it!