Monday, October 26, 2009

The Mane Event

This weekend was "The Mane Event" up in Chilliwack, British Columbia. It is a three day horse expo offering plenty of vendors, training seminars, and a trainer's challenge. The cool thing about going to a Canadian horse expo is that you see many exciting and different products, mostly European. I fell in love with a few items and managed to scrape up enough cash to come home with a few of them. Move over Oprah...here is a list of Photogchic's Favorite Things from the expo.
Oh my gosh! These boots, Tuffa Suffolks...I couldn't pass up. They are lined with sheepskin, waterproof, and so comfortable. The leather is so soft, and when I put them on, they already felt broke in and ready to go. They also are available in "broad" for the larger calf. The velcro strapping seems to further fine tune the fitting. They were spendy, I splurged $285. Today as the rain came down and I trudged through the muddy pasture to get my horse, I knew they would be worth every penny. Love, love, love them.

I own two Horsedream products, a dressage pad and a sheepskin girth. For three years they have been used extensively and endured hours of sweat and miles on the trail. A gentle wash and they look exactly like the day I bought them. So imagine my excitement over a Horsedream bareback pad....YES! I sat in it...wonderful. It even has pocketing for Skito shims. They retail for $375 in the States, Canada they are much more, so I restrained myself and will watch and wait for a good deal.

Finally...I love these. Shire Equestrian stirrups. This particular pair is so new to the market, they aren't even on their website yet. They just got them in time for "The Mane Event." They feel "crafted" not just formed. The shape allows your heels to touch the horse, not the stirrup and they have a wide foot bed with amazing grip. They even have the 90 degree stirrup leather attachment for greater comfort. I came home with a pair of these. I am so excited to try them.

I have more stories to tell from the weekend; a neglected horse finds a happy home and I want to introduce you all to a trainer that really was inspiring.

12 comments:

OnTheBit said...

That sounds like so much fun! I am heading to the equine affair horse expo in a few weeks so I am trying to save my pennies but that bareback pad looks AMAZING!!!

JJ said...

I love the boots! Just this weekend as I was squishing through poopy mud in my Ariat Paddock boots, I was wishing for a pair of those :).

Grey Horse Matters said...

I need a pair of those boots around here, they look great and sound even better. I'd be interested to know how those new stirrups work out. I've never seen ones with that wide a foot. Glad you had a good time, and it's always nice to come home with great stuff isn't it?

Drillrider said...

Those boots look like a wise investment, especially in the Northwest! I don't know how many times I've worn boots that didn't come up far enough and I slosh mud on my clothes. Plus the sheepskin lining has to feel YUMMY!

The stirrups look like the english equivalent of the western trail stirrups that endurance rider use? I've been wanting some of those. Will be buying this Winter before trail season next Spring.

Lori Skoog said...

I sure wish I had a spare thousand. Thanks for taking us along. I look forward to the rest of the story.

jane augenstein said...

Oh, nice, nice boots! I'll bet you are loving them! All kinds of neat goodies, what fun to get to go look and buy.

Chelsi said...

HEY!!! I was up at the Mane Event on Sunday. Every other year I've gone all three days and I always LOVE it. You got those boots!!! Oh man! *put* I was drooling....just droooooling over them! Did you see the bluntstones for 40% off! I am kicking myself for not buying a pair. I'm going to do a post on the Debbie McDonald clinic on Sunday, did you see it? Did you see Jonathan Field? Glad you enjoyed your trip to the great (not so white) north:)

equine dental supplies said...

I wish I had more time to go these events I am just so busy with work and family at the moment. Those Shire Equestrian stirrups look really well made but I guess there is no substitute for quality.

Kathleen @ ForgingAhead said...

Beautiful boots! I have serious boot envy.

allhorsestuff said...

Very cool Jules. Great finds and purchases all!
Glad it was such a nice time for you!
Kac

Anonymous said...

Hello !.
You may , probably very interested to know how one can make real money .
There is no initial capital needed You may commense to receive yields with as small sum of money as 20-100 dollars.

AimTrust is what you need
The firm incorporates an offshore structure with advanced asset management technologies in production and delivery of pipes for oil and gas.

It is based in Panama with offices around the world.
Do you want to become really rich in short time?
That`s your choice That`s what you wish in the long run!

I feel good, I started to get income with the help of this company,
and I invite you to do the same. It`s all about how to select a correct companion utilizes your money in a right way - that`s the AimTrust!.
I take now up to 2G every day, and my first investment was 500 dollars only!
It`s easy to get involved , just click this link http://jykywyfu.freecities.com/ahylyt.html
and go! Let`s take our chance together to become rich

Anonymous said...

Good day !.
might , perhaps very interested to know how one can reach 2000 per day of income .
There is no initial capital needed You may begin earning with as small sum of money as 20-100 dollars.

AimTrust is what you thought of all the time
The company represents an offshore structure with advanced asset management technologies in production and delivery of pipes for oil and gas.

It is based in Panama with offices everywhere: In USA, Canada, Cyprus.
Do you want to become a happy investor?
That`s your chance That`s what you desire!

I`m happy and lucky, I began to take up income with the help of this company,
and I invite you to do the same. It`s all about how to choose a correct partner who uses your savings in a right way - that`s the AimTrust!.
I make 2G daily, and what I started with was a funny sum of 500 bucks!
It`s easy to join , just click this link http://itiderebob.o-f.com/rysafy.html
and go! Let`s take our chance together to feel the smell of real money