I am a videographer in Portland, Oregon with a love for all things horses. Originally from Minnesota, my childhood was spent on racetracks across the Midwest. I am currently training my dream horse with hopes of excelling at dressage and Parelli. I have a Cairn Terrier, Ellie, and an old cat named Winston. I am fortunate to have a pretty nice boyfriend who understands and supports my love of horses. My blog helps keep a record of my successes and failures and helps friends and family enjoy the journey with me.
I am working on making Cavallettis. It started with a trip to Home Depot and checking out all the "plastic." I found these 4x3 drain basins, drilled two 1 inch holes on each side.Next, I cut 3/4 inch PVC pipe into 16 inch long pieces and stuck them thru the drilled holes. I lined them up and then used electrical tape to keep the pipe in place. Just kept going around and around until the pipe was secure.I capped the ends of the pvc pipe with little caps they had at Home Depot for 13 cents a piece. It gave it a finished look. Then I cut a 10 foot by 4 inch PVC pipe in half and stuck them into the drain basins. They were ready to go, but I decided to put on three strips of white vinyl tape to help with visibility in the arena. I think they turned out really nice. I made four and have used them all week. The only other thing I am thinking of doing is taping the basins to the big pvc pipe just so they don't come loose. Each one costs about $18 to make, which isn't too bad. They are nice and light and easy to move around the arena.